I am not much of a sinophile and haven’t studied anything about Chinese culture, so I am not actually claiming any expertise. But I did live in Taiwan for four years, studied the language a bit and love folklore. So the pages grouped here range from pictures and experiences, to songs that I’ve learned and translated and to speculation about monkey brains.
- Do the Chinese eat monkey brains?
- The Taiwan Beer conspiracy revealed!
- Speak (and read) a little Chinese? Practice by learning a Chinese song.
- Perhaps you want to learn how to say I want you (987KB Flash movie) to that hot international student you just met.
- Or maybe you speak no Chinese at all, but want an exotic Chinese tattoo.
- Characters and Glyphs - How largely phonetic Chinese characters and Mayan glyphs work.
- Solstices and Sunsets: A six-month survey of sunsets in Taipei.