Anyone can post a video on the Internet now, which is fabulous and revolutionary, but 99.4% of all movies posted are complete crap. This is a collection of my favorite Internet video: every clip is a guaranteed winner or triple your money back.
Amazing & Beautiful
- Alien Plants from 1st Ave Machine is a demo video from an animation company that will blow you away.
- Like No Other is an ad from Sony with no CG and no FX, just 250,000 super balls, a street in San Francisco and a heartbreakingly lovely song. high-res version
- Pipe Dream is another promo animation that is hypnotically amazing. The source is animusic.com.
- TROOPS. (1997 - click the Movie link to download) The original (post 1979 “Hardware Wars”) Star Wars fan film by Kevin Rubio: a spoof on “COPS” featuring Stormtroopers on Tatooine.
- Priceless. There are about a half a million VISA “Priceless” parodies: this one is the best. It invloves a young man at the end of a date trying to convince his girlfriend to give him, uh, a little action.
- Dude: There’s a Latte on Your Roof. This is a cute little short film that is inspirational because it’ll make you say “I could have shot that.” But you didn’t.
- 405: The Movie. (1999) A classic early Internet-distributed film (shot on Mini DV) with amazing effects (rendered on a home computer) and a great plot involving a jetliner landing on an LA freeway and a cranky little old lady. Higher res versions are available at the movie’s site 405themovie.com.
- Kung Fu Demo Reel. This is an absoultely amazing demo reel from Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku “Ninja for Hire.” Gymnastic and theatrical kung fu, without any wires, performed on location.
- Super Mario Xylophone. A high school talent contest or concert and a very fun video: I dare you not to smile while watching.
- The End of the World. H’OK. “Damn, that is a sweet Flash animation,” you might say. WRONG! Fire le Missiles!
- Farting Preacher #5. Alright, this one is just bathroom humor. I don’t care: I think it’s funny as hell. And yes, it is one in a series.
- The Ultimate Voiceover. In a world of famous voiceover artists… Here’s another riff on the same theme in a trailer for the movie “Comedian”.
Weird, Warped & Twisted
Nothing disgusting, violent or pornographic here and many of these clips might be marginally funny to those of you who aren’t me, so watch at your own risk.
- Disturbing Japanese Urinal. This is a clip of a children’s urinal that is a giant, disturbing head. You pee into its mouth while creepy music plays AND it slowly moves up and down.
Yes, these are funny commercials, but nothing you’ve probably seen on American television. (I don’t watch much television, so drop me a line if any of these are spots that everyone has already seen.)
- Hahn Beer. Funny spot for Hahn Beer (Austrailian) featuring a super hot woman and a clueless guy. Yep, you know the premise, but it’s still funny. Other good ones: Hot Tub and Gondola.
- Something Women Can’t Do. A very cute commercial where a boy and a girl get into an imitation game on a subway train.
- Overworked. A funny Chinese commercial for an energy drink involving a frustrated young woman whose boyfriend just works too hard at the office.
- Pac-Man Puppet Show. A commercial for GameTap about a Mexican stick puppet show for children, starring Pac-Man.